Andermann from Germany

Hier posten, was nicht einem bestimmten Bundesland zugeordnet werden kann.
Hier posten, was nicht einem bestimmten Bundesland zugeordnet werden kann.
yapper

Andermann from Germany

Post by yapper »

I am seeking information about my German ancestor from Alsace Lorraine

Antoinne M Andermann
Born 1803 or 1813
unknown when he migrated to America?
unknown if migrated alone or with family?
He married Hortense Katterle (from Belfort, France) in 1835 at St Mary’s catholic church in New Orleans, Louisiana
They had 8 children all born in Louisiana
1849 He designed & built original St Mary’s chapel on the river road in Union, Louisiana
1850 census records (spelled Andremann) indicate that he was from Germany. He may have lived on church property and/or been employed by St Michael’s catholic parish in Convent, Louisiana
1858 Story is that he (working with/for Sam Fagot of Uncle Sam plantation) fell (in St John’s parish?) and died within days
He is buried in St Michael’s catholic cemetery in St James parish, Louisiana
He was dead prior to 1860 census so the trail ends……

Thank you so much for all your help & research in trying to find the missing piece of the puzzle - any further light that you can shed is appreciated! Laurie

yapper

Re: Andermann (perhaps Handiman?) from Germany

Post by yapper »

Mar 2013 update
I found an Anthony HANDIMAN that immigrated with his father Frederick Handiman in 1833. He is German passenger on ship Potomac arriving Virginia listed as age 15 born approx 1818. Both he & his father's occupation states carpenter.

yapper

Re: Andermann (perhaps Aufdermauer?) from Germany

Post by yapper »

Update - found AUFDERMAUERs from Ingenbohl, Switzerland that migrated to USA after my guy & settled in Wisconsin. Trying to connect with descendants here in the states but curious if there may be a Swiss German family connection?

yapper

Re: ANDERMANNs from Steimbke, Hannover, Germany - update

Post by yapper »

I found other Andermanns who migrated to America in late 1800s after my guy (who migrated in mid 1800s). Acording to their descendant, they ALL orginated from Steimbke, Hannover, Germany. There are records in the Lutheran church for many generations starting in the 1600s. Could these be related to my Antoine Andermann born in the early 1800s??

yapper

Re: Andermann from Germany - update DNA testing

Post by yapper »

Recruiting all ANDERMANN descendants for DNA testing. We are creating a surname project for all who wish to work together to find their common heritage through DNA testing and sharing of information. AndermaN and AndermaNN are the most common variants of the surname. All Andermann males are welcome to have their Y-DNA tested. Choose to identify 25 genetic markers or better yet is to test for 37 markers. Join us and prove your heritage. We hope to link all Andermanns in Europe to Andermanns in America.

For more information on DNA testing visit the Family Tree DNA website at: http://www.familytreedna.com

thank you,
Laurie Andermann Cochran

Return to “General”