Christian Krebs, born in Germany, died in US

Hier posten, was nicht einem bestimmten Bundesland zugeordnet werden kann.
Hier posten, was nicht einem bestimmten Bundesland zugeordnet werden kann.
ktkrebs

Christian Krebs, born in Germany, died in US

Post by ktkrebs »

Can someone help me find my ancestors from Germany when the farthest I can go back is the name of the ship and the date it sailed. I don't know where he lived in Germany. His name is Christian Krebs, born June 7, 1863. He came to the US on the Rhynland on August 22, 1881. His parents were Henry Krebs and Mary Siewert. I'd like to find my German roots but I find nothing on the usual sites (Ancestry, Roots Web, Find My Past, etc.). Where do I go from here?

Nico
Administrator

Re: Christian Krebs, born in Germany, died in US

Post by Nico »

He came to the US on the Rhynland on August 22, 1881
Have you seen this ship's passenger registration listing? "Normally" you can find therethe place where emigrants were born or came from.

Nico

ktkrebs

Post by ktkrebs »

Yes, Nico, I have seen this document and it states he was from "Germany". So do his US census records, his marriage certificate and his death certificate. Can you give me a hint on where to go next? The ship, Rhynland, left from Antwerp, Germany and arrived in New York on 22 Aug 1881.

Walt Bruetsch
Supporter 2016

Post by Walt Bruetsch »

Hello, I just tried FamilySearch.org>Search>Records>click on Europe>select Germany. Then inputted your Christian information, and received a "hit".
Give it a try.
Best wishes, Walt 8-)

ktkrebs

Post by ktkrebs »

Thanks Walt, but no luck. Wrong parents and middle initial. I guess this is my wall that I'll never be able to climb.

Walt Bruetsch
Supporter 2016

Post by Walt Bruetsch »

Hi KT, As you continue your research States' side, be sure to include land records at the county clerk office, as there may be a possibility of a mention of a place in Germany. These old land records most likely won't be digitized, so it will require old fashion letters, telephone calls and visits. Such has been my experience.
Good luck, Walt 8-)

Return to “General”