Hugentobler im Kanton Neuchâtel (Auswanderung nach Brasilien)

Moderator: Svenja

Antworten
ahugendobler

Hugentobler im Kanton Neuchâtel (Auswanderung nach Brasilien)

Beitrag von ahugendobler » Mi 22. Jul 2015, 17:42

Originally posted under Hugentobler im Kanton Thurgau
===================================================

Hello David and Wolf,

I am from Brazil. Just to add more information about Hugentobler in Switzerland, my ancestors came from Neuchâtel.

He was Jean Jacques Hugentobler (* 06/01/1828 in Bevaix, Neuchâtel, +1867 in Brazil), married in Brazil with Louise Adele Hugentobler (* 31/12/1826 in Bevaix, + 13/01/1870 in Brazil).

I will open a new thread about Hugentoblers in Neuchâtel, hope that maybe I can find more information about them.

===================
Note added later: The linie is originally from canton St.Gallen - see Hugentobler von Uzwil SG for the discussion of these early generations.

Only the line (generations) living in Neuchâtel and emigrating to Brazil should be discussed here.
Zuletzt geändert von ahugendobler am Mi 22. Jul 2015, 18:53, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Dilo

Re: Hugentobler im Kanton Thurgau

Beitrag von Dilo » Mi 22. Jul 2015, 17:48

Hello Andre,

welcome to GenealForum - bemvindo aqui no nosso Forum

Dieter Loyo

Wolf

Re: Hugentobler im Kanton Neuchâtel

Beitrag von Wolf » Mi 22. Jul 2015, 18:42

The Register of Swiss Surnames does not list a place of citizenship for Hugentobler in canton Neuchâtel (not even in the old 1940 edition). Consequently it would be nice to find out, if this line has become extinct in Neuchâtel (e.g. because they all emigrated) - or whether they just lived in Bevaix, but held citizenship somewhere else (originally Hugentobler families came from cantons St.Gallen and Thurgau).

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

ahugendobler

Beitrag von ahugendobler » Mi 22. Jul 2015, 21:39

Wolf, just to be sure, it is ok to post here in English? Unfortunately I don't speak German or French.

About your question, yes, Hugentobler is the maiden name of Louise Adele Hugentobler. Here in Brazil they believe that Jean Jacques and Louise were cousins, but I can't prove this yet.

By the research that I have access here in Brazil I found this:

Jean Jacques Hugentobler is son of:
AUGUST HUGENTOBLER (* around 1805 in Switzerland)
SOPHIE DUVANEL (* 06/05/1798 in Rochefort - Neuchâtel)
they also had another children:
AUGUSTE EDOUARD HUGENTOBLER (* 14/11/1830 in Bevaix - Neuchâtel) married to Pierrette Anthelmette Robin (* 06/04/1839 in Lyon, France) in 18/01/1869 in Lyon, France.

Louise Adele Hugentobler is daughter of:
FRIEDERICH HUGENTOBLER (* around 1800 in Switzerland) married in 1825
CLAUDINE SOPHIE VERDAN (* 22/05/1783 in Neuchâtel)

I am also sending two images of it's to be Jean Jacques and Louise's Birth Records.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Do 23. Jul 2015, 21:36

Doesn't directly help your research, but I found a note in a history book about Hugentobler from Bevaix during 1831 (attached). For a proper translation you have to find someone else, however.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/

ahugendobler

Beitrag von ahugendobler » Do 23. Jul 2015, 22:06

Interesting! The book is about Civil War, right? Using your method of research I found another note in another book, but this time related to 'August Hugentobler'. Could be Jean Jacques's father.

ahugendobler

Beitrag von ahugendobler » Do 23. Jul 2015, 22:18

Just found another Hugentobler in Neuchâtel. Adolph Hugentobler (link in spanish):
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolphe_Hugentobler

The article explain that he had a textile company in Swiss, and that he came to Brazil around 1858 (don't know why) where he loses all his money. Died in Swiss.

ahugendobler

Beitrag von ahugendobler » Di 28. Jun 2016, 14:05

The linie is originally from canton St.Gallen - see Hugentobler von Uzwil SG for the discussion of these early generations

ahugendobler

Passeport et voyages

Beitrag von ahugendobler » Do 7. Jul 2016, 19:25

Bonjour, je reçus un vieux disque de mon ancêtre Louis Adele Hugentobler, où elle demande un passeport à Neuchâtel, destination Brésil en 27 octobre 1849 (grâce à M. Hausmann qui a trouvé cela).

Depuis la Suisse ne dispose pas de sortie à la mer, elle pourrait utiliser cette passaport pour traverser la frontière vers la France ou l'Allemagne, d'utiliser un port à partir de là?

Pour une personne suisse, à cette époque, il y avait une route par défaut pour se rendre à l'Amérique?

Je cherche toujours à partir de laquelle elle a quitté le port Europe.

English:
Hello, I received an old record of my ancestor Louis Adele Hugentobler, where she requests a passport in Neuchâtel, destination Brazil in 27 october 1849 (thanks to Mr. Hausmann that found this).

Since Switzerland do not have any exit to the sea, she could use this passaport to cross the border to France or Germany, to use a port from there?

For a swiss person, at that time, there was a default route to travel to America?

I am still looking from which port she left Europe.

Peter.D

Re: Passeport et voyages

Beitrag von Peter.D » Do 7. Jul 2016, 19:54

For Swiss emigrants, Le Havre was one of the most popular ports of embarkment at that time.

Peter

Hugentobler

Beitrag von Hugentobler » Mo 29. Apr 2019, 16:58

Dear ahugentobler,

I am writing you to ask if it would be possible to see the work you carried out already on your genealogy tree, please?

I know it's a little cheeky of me to ask you that as you did alot of digging so far, but I would appreciate it if we could share it as I am also a member of the Brazilian root of this family.

I am not really sure whether you are still labouring on the history of the Hugentoblers but I trust you may have some extra info on dates and names that I may include on mine?

Please don't hesitate to drop a line, or two when you have some time.

Kind regards

G. Hugentobler

ahugendobler

Beitrag von ahugendobler » Mo 29. Apr 2019, 17:59

Hello G. Hugentobler

I don't mind sharing my research, since I had the help of many people so far, let's share our finds.

I just attached a PDF file of the Descendants list of "Enderli HUGENTOBLER" the oldest Hugentobler we could find (so far) in Switzerland.

Where are you from?

Wolf

Hugentobler im Kanton Neuchâtel

Beitrag von Wolf » Mo 29. Apr 2019, 22:22

For the discussion of the early generations or the lines staying in Henau (today: Uznach) there is already another topic Hugentobler von Uzwil SG.

Only the line (generations) living in Neuchâtel and emigrating to Brazil should be discussed here.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Neuenburg - Neuchâtel (NE)“