Peretti von Bellinzona TI

Moderator: Wolf

Antworten
JPeretti

Peretti von Bellinzona TI

Beitrag von JPeretti » Di 17. Mai 2016, 06:57

Hi I am Jean. I am new to this forum. I am looking for baptism records for my great grandfather, Libero Joseph Peretti b 23 Feb 1848 Locarno, Tocino, Switzerland, d 15 Jun 1921 Boston, MA,USA. I would also like to find any information on his parents Antonio and Lucrenzia Peretti and if there were any siblings. I do not know Lucrezia's maiden name.

Libero Peretti immigrated to New York, NY, USA about 1878. He was a Dealer and Manufacturer of cigars at Peretti and Pradella at NYC in 1880. Between 1882 and 1885 he moved to Boston, MA. He married 22 Sept 1885 in Boston,MA to Anna Pattison, Daughter of James and Anna Pattison.
Children of Libero and Anna Peretti:
Joseph Henry b 7Aug 1887 Boston,MA d 9 Jul 1973 Scituate, MA ( grandfather )
Edward L b 19 Jun 1888 Boston, MA d 25 Dec 1888 Boston, MA
Lucretia C b 11 Nov 1892 Boston,MA d 4 Dec 1980 Plymouth, MA

Thanks for your help in advance,
Jean (Peretti) McKenney

Peter.D

Re: Peretti von Bellinzona TI

Beitrag von Peter.D » Di 17. Mai 2016, 18:14

Hi Jean,

I fear you have to travel to Bellinzona ... In the State Archives they have complete family registers starting at least around 1850. Unfortunately, the personnel is not in a position to make researches. Furthermore, you need an approval to study those registers (which you would get easily as a direct descendant), but you are not allowed to take pictures or make copies.

As an alternative, you could work through the films of the Mormons, which are available both for Bellinzona and Locarno. Finally, you could mandate the Archives of the diocese of Lugano to research for you in the microfilms at a reasonable fee.

Peter

JPeretti

Beitrag von JPeretti » Di 17. Mai 2016, 23:18

Peter,
Thanks so much for such a quick reply. I don't expect I will be able to get to Bellinzona in the near future. I hope to get to get to Tocino area some day. I will have to check out the Mormon (LDS) center near me. I just moved so I will have to check online for the nearest center. I thought I read somewhere that I could contact the agency in Bellinzona and they would be able to send me the names and dates for my great grandfather's parents and grandparents. I think it was called a familybund or some similar name. I think I saw it on a Facebook genealogy group for Central Europe. Thank you for your help. I will post if I find more information from the Mormon(LDS) center.

Have a good week,

Jean

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Mi 18. Mai 2016, 10:23

JPeretti hat geschrieben:... I think it was called a familybund or some similar name. I think I saw it on a Facebook genealogy group for Central Europe.
You are likely referring to the "Familienschein" which is issued by the Civil Registry Office of the place of citizenship: this holds for all Switzerland for any person born after 1876(!), when the system was set up. The Civil Registry Office will often also have information on earlier generations, but to what extent depends on the canton. I am not familiar with the situation in Ticino.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen

JPeretti

Beitrag von JPeretti » Fr 20. Mai 2016, 01:19

Hi Wolfe,
Thanks for the help. Familienscein was the word I was trying to remember. I had heard some people had good luck with this. I didn't realize it was only for people born after 1876. Libero Peretti was still in Switzerland at that time but he was born about 28 years earlier in 1848. It would have been nice if they started earlier. I will have to go the Mormon (LDS) root. Do you know if the microfilms the Mormons(LDS) have are the same as the Catholic Diolosis of Lugano? Peter mentioned these.
Thanks again,
Jean McKenney, Ossipee, NH, USA

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Fr 20. Mai 2016, 07:37

Yes, the Archives of the diocese use copies of the same films.

The Familienschein is an extract of the family page in the family register. Therefore, the civil registry offices can only issue it if the person or family requested is listed in the family register. In Ticino however, like in many other cantons, these registers were only started in 1928. At that time, the offices hat to open a new page for the family of each local burgher living at that time. Some other cantons, like Basel, St. Gallen, Zurich etc. had cantonal family registers long before. In such cases, the civil registry office contact the State Archives and ask them for copies if needed for a Familienschein.
In Ticino, the communities had to keep Ruoli della popolazione from 1855 to 1965, which look like family registers, but do not have links to ascending and descending families. These registers are now preserved in the State Archives in Bellinzona, as stated in my first reply, although some communities might have copies.

Peter

JPeretti

Beitrag von JPeretti » Sa 21. Mai 2016, 04:04

Hi Peter,
Thank you for clarifying that both sources have the same films. I thought I would get different information from each source. I don't think the civil registry will be able to create a famlienschein for my family since they only started in 1928 in Bellinzona. Thanks for your help. Have a good night and a pleasant weekend.

Jean

Antworten

Zurück zu „Tessin (TI)“