Zander von Bachenbülach ZH

Moderator: Wolf

Antworten
Ulrich Zander

Zander von Bachenbülach ZH

Beitrag von Ulrich Zander » Sa 11. Aug 2018, 15:45

I am looking for an ancestor who was born in district Zurich, probably Bachenbulach. His name was Ulrich Zander and he was born in Octobre 1755. In 1791 he married to a Dutch girl in Delft, a Dutch town.

Does anyone know how I can find anything about him ? Unfortunatly I don't know who his parents were. Ulrich and his wife had a coupie of kids. When you look at the names of the kids, it is most likely that Ulrichs parents were naned Heinrich and Helena/magdalena. Does anyone know parents By that name with a son named Ulrich ?

Or does anyone know were I can find a list of men that left Zurich and went to the Netherlands ? In the Netherlands we have searched in all the archives for many years but were not able to find anything about Ulrich Zander.

Many Thanks in advance !

Peter.D

Re: Zander von Bachenbülach ZH

Beitrag von Peter.D » Sa 11. Aug 2018, 20:09

Hi Ulrich,

Ulrich Zander may have served in the Regiment of Zurich in the Netherlands. The engagement rolls are kept in the State Archives in Zurich.
I therefore suggest you to contact the Archives in Zurich. They might also find him in the church records of Bülach.

Peter

Ulrich Zander

Beitrag von Ulrich Zander » Sa 11. Aug 2018, 23:23

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your advice ! I will contact the archive.

Ulrich Zander

Beitrag von Ulrich Zander » Mo 13. Aug 2018, 20:02

Unfortunately the Staatsarchiv Zurich wasn't able to find anything about Ulrich Zander. He isn't mentioned in the register of soldiers. Does anybody know how and why Ulrich came to the Netherlands if he was not in the army ?

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Di 14. Aug 2018, 17:13

Hello Ulrich,

Did the Archives also check the church records of 1755 or only the engagement rolls? As a matter of fact, the name Ulrich Zander was repeatedly used in Bachenbülach in the 17th century, as we can see from the marriage database (the 18th century is not yet available on the Internet).
Zander Bachenbülach - EDB.pdf

Where did you find a reference to Bülach or Bachenbülach, or even to the canton of Zurich? The name Zander, also Sander, Sandri and Tschander, has origins in the canton of Graubünden, too. And this canton also had a regiment in the Netherlands.

Peter
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Ulrich Zander

Beitrag von Ulrich Zander » Mi 15. Aug 2018, 06:24

Hi Peter,

I don't know if the Archiv checked the Church books. See below their respons.

"The inquiry about Ulrich Zander is and long term favorite in our archives. We already received corresponding inquiries about that person in 1955, 1970, 1979, 1983 and 1990/1991 without being able to clarify the identity of the wanted person. Ulrich Zander's origins have not been determined so far, neither in Bachenbülach nor in Wallisellen (here under the name Xander). In our holding B VIII 404, which contains lists about soldiers from Zurich in Dutch military services, Ulrich Zander is not listed".

Ulrich himself mentioned that he was born in Zurich. Bachenbulach is the most probable place because lots of People with that name lived in Bachenbulach.

Kind regards !

Ulrich Zander

Beitrag von Ulrich Zander » Mi 15. Aug 2018, 06:28

When we look at the names of Ulrichs children and if he named his children after the parents, it is most likely that his parents were naned Heinrich and Helena/Magdalena.

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Mi 15. Aug 2018, 19:15

In which document did you find that Ulrich Zander was born in the canton of Zurich?

Obviously, the State Archives of Zurich have repeatedly searched for Ulrich Zander, but couldn't find him.

Peter

Ulrich Zander

Beitrag von Ulrich Zander » Fr 24. Aug 2018, 08:16

In the Staatsarchiv there is no information about Ulrich. I have another question. Ulrich Zander had two friends in The Netherlands who also came from Zürich. They had approximately the same age as Ulrich Zander and they came to The Netherlands (Delft) at approximately the same time as Ulrich. That’s why I think that probably the came to The Netherlands together. Perhaps they had the same profession and came to The Netherlands in relations to their work. Do you have any information about the persons below ? I hope to find some leads to Ulrich that way. I am especially interested in more information about their profession. And perhaps you can find anything about the departure of these persons.

Johannes Frijmuller (Freimüller), born in Andelfingen 20-02-1758.
Hendrik (Heinrich) Hanzelaar (Hansler), born in Grossmunster approximately 1760.

PHGDuits

Beitrag von PHGDuits » Mo 30. Nov 2020, 11:13

Hello Zander searcher,

My granddad researched this Ulrich Zander ( - together with a cousin of his I believe - ) and created a book Zander-Sanders, in their research, and in current Dutch archives the information of Ulrich is easily found ( up to his arrival in Delft). On his wedding certificate with Maria van Bodegom, it's mentioned that he was Ulrich Zander from Zürich.

Now his first son was called Johannes Hendrik Zander, after which the surname in the Netherlands roughly changed to Sanders. Maria's father was called Johannes, it's therefore logical to assume that Ulrich's father was called Heinrich (first or second name). It also seems the Swiss use the name Hans/Ulrich in a combination quite a lot. Therefore, his father may even have been Hans Heinrich, or something in that fashion, with Ulrich then being named after his father in a fashion. Johannes had several children, of which --> his son Christiaan Johannes married Fopje Edelenbosch, after which the family name completely changes to Sanders. CJ Sanders moves from Delft to Haarlem, but by then I think the family branched out in three branches: The Hague, Haarlem, and somewhere in Dutch Limburg.

The family had (book) printers, tailors, and some artists. Ulrich himself did something with wall furnishings I believe.

Now, Grossmünster in Zürich is the protestant church. Since at the time there were religious struggles in CH, that may have been the reason for these three men to migrate. My granddad did check military records, and Ulrich wasn't in there. Therefore, the motivation may have been religious.

Unfortunately, I'm also unable to find any baptismal records of Ulrich. He would have been born around 1755-1757 or so.

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Mo 30. Nov 2020, 17:18

A religious problem does not seem to me to be in the foreground, since both states had long been Protestant at that time. I could imagine, however, that already the father of Ulrich had emigrated to Holland, e.g. as a soldier in the regiment of Zurich, and the son, born in the Netherlands, was therefore not registered in Zurich.

Peter

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zürich (ZH)“