Schellhammer von Risch ZG

Moderator: Wolf

Antworten
nicopo

Schellhammer von Risch ZG

Beitrag von nicopo » Di 26. Mai 2015, 20:00

Hello,
I am from France, new to genealogy in Switzerland :shock: and I am looking for ancestors apparently in Zug canton...

Here are my data:
Anna SCHELLHAMMER (grand mother of my father in law)
  • Birth: April 5th 1863 - Cham (Zug)
  • Death: May 24th 1938 - Alfortville (94) France
  • Father: Melchior SCHELLHAMMER
  • Mother: Agathe VONARBURG
I guess I first need to find the birth certificate of Anna SCHELLHAMMER. Where and how can I find it?
Any idea how I could get more insight on her father and mother origins?

Thanks for your help,
Nicolas

Wolf

Re: Schellhammer in Cham ZG

Beitrag von Wolf » Di 26. Mai 2015, 21:30

The only pre-1900 citizenship for Schellhammer in Switzerland is Risch (canton Zug) - so chances are good that your Schellhammer line were citizens of Risch ... and the Civil Registry Office responsible for Risch (Zivilstandsamt Cham) should have the information you are looking for. I recommend you ask them what you have to do (and pay) to get a "Familienschein" (or something equivalent): let us know what the answer is.

The Schellhammers are originally from Austria and gained Risch citizenship in 1807. This sort of information you find in "Répertoire des noms de famille suisses".

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

nicopo

Beitrag von nicopo » Di 1. Dez 2015, 21:45

Thx Wolf,

That helped ! ;) I checked with city archivists in Risch and they managed to find ancestors of Melchior SCHELLHAMMER and for free. They told me that it was free unless the search is complicated and takes a long time. They are very efficient and even found some traces of law suites.

Still a question: when it says that Melchior SCHELLHAMMER acquired citizenship in 1807. Does it mean that he was coming from another country or another canton? I am not really familiar with Switzerland political organization.

Nicolas

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Mi 2. Dez 2015, 00:27

nicopo hat geschrieben:Still a question: when it says that Melchior SCHELLHAMMER acquired citizenship in 1807. Does it mean that he was coming from another country or another canton?
General answer - could be either as well as from another community in the same canton. For each indivdual line the answer is given in the last column "Ancien lieu d'origine" - in this case (A) indicates he originated from Austria.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

Thomy

Re: Schellhammer von Risch ZG

Beitrag von Thomy » Do 18. Feb 2016, 23:32

Bonjour Nicolas,

de la famille Schellhammer je peux vous donner ces informations:

Schellhammer, Melk, de Risch (Zoug), né 14/2(1815, marié Avec Vonarburg, Agatha, de Triengen (Canton de Lucerne)

Parents de Melk Schellhammer: Melk Schellhammer, fils de Josef Schellhammer et Cordula Britschgi, et Katharina Arnold, de Bürglen (Canton d'Uri). Elle est née le 24/3/1780, ils ont marié le 20/12/1806. Katharina Arnold était fille de Josef Anton Arnold et Katharina Gisler, petite-fille de Josef Arnold et Katharina Gisler et de Johann Gisler et Magdalena Albert.

Cordialement
Thomas Gmür

Antworten

Zurück zu „Zug (ZG)“