Registres de l'eglise réformée de Mulhouse (Haut-Rhin)

Alsace (Départements: Bas-Rhin (67), Haut-Rhin (68))
Champagne-Ardennes (Départements: Ardennes (08), Aube (10), Marne (51), Haute-Marne (52))
Lorraine (Départements: Meurthe-et-Moselle (54), Meuse (55), Moselle (57), Vosges (88))
Alsace (Départements: Bas-Rhin (67), Haut-Rhin (68))
Champagne-Ardennes (Départements: Ardennes (08), Aube (10), Marne (51), Haute-Marne (52))
Lorraine (Départements: Meurthe-et-Moselle (54), Meuse (55), Moselle (57), Vosges (88))

Moderator: Marglats

Antworten
JosephSmith

Registres de l'eglise réformée de Mulhouse (Haut-Rhin)

Beitrag von JosephSmith » Fr 21. Jan 2022, 14:39

I recently became aware that the City of Mulhouse, now in the Department of Haut-Rhin in France, was once a part of the Old Swiss Confederacy from 1515 until 1798. During this time, Mulhouse was known as the Stadtrepublik Mülhausen. It embraced the Reformed faith at the time of the Reformation.

Given that a number of my Swiss ancestors resided in Alsace before continuing on their journey to Colonial America, I was curious to see if I could study the parish registers of Mulhouse to see if I recognized any names therein which appear in my family tree.

There are two entries in the FamilySearch Catalog for the Reformed Churches in Mulhouse. The records go back to 1578. I would very much like to view these records. However, there is a bobbin symbol next to the entries meaning that the records can only be viewed on a microfilm reader at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

None of the earlier parish registers for Mulhouse have been digitized and uploaded to the Haut-Rhin Departmental Archives website for remote viewing.

How do you all recommend that I go about pursuing this matter? Is this even feasible?

There is a town called Mulhausen in the Department of Bas-Rhin whose parish records have been digitized and uploaded to the Bas-Rhine Departmental Archives website for remote viewing, but I know that town is a completely different entity.

I appreciate everyone’s advice and assistance. Thank you!

Walt Bruetsch
Supporter 2016

Re: Registres de l'eglise réformée de Mulhouse (Haut-Rhin)

Beitrag von Walt Bruetsch » Sa 22. Jan 2022, 13:08

Hello Joseph, My suggestion is found on the FamilySearch.org website, click on Search, then click on Research Wiki. Then select France, then Haut- Rhin. Scroll down to Family History Centers. Your local Family History Center acts as an extension of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.

Best wishes with your research, Walt

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Sa 22. Jan 2022, 17:55

Hi Joseph, you could also contact the CRHF - « Centre de Recherches sur l'Histoire des Familles ». If I remember correctly, they now have some kind of association with the AD68. I have no idea, however, why the parish records of Mulhouse (Mülhausen) are not or not yet available at the AD68.

Peter

jlb95

Beitrag von jlb95 » Do 27. Jan 2022, 18:19

Hi all, the parish records for Mulhouse are not yet available online. AD 68 has been slow (compared to other departments) at digitising its parish records - it is one of the last still to do so. However, since about 2019 it has been digitising them slowly and uploading them online, working backwards alphabetically by parish. It has currently uploaded records from parishes beginning with Z through N. So, Mulhouse should be next. Unfortunately, they haven't mentioned when this will happen... It's all being done in-house so is slower, but the quality of images is very good.

This is the page where they are being added: https://archives.haut-rhin.fr/search?pr ... &view=list

It also has a link to a catalogue of their microfilm records, but it isn't working. An archived copy can be found here: http://web.archive.org/web/202009250434 ... ssiaux.pdf

Antworten

Zurück zu „Grand Est“