Siegrist von Meisterschwanden AG

Moderator: Wolf

Stefan

Siegrist von Meisterschwanden AG

Beitrag von Stefan » So 29. Jul 2007, 15:36

Bei folgendem Spitzenahn komme ich nicht mehr weiter.
Hat jemand die Siegrist von Meisterschwanden schon erforscht?

Siegrist Hartmann
† 30.03.1841.
oo k 01.02.1797 mit Fischer Verena, * 05.08.1771, † 20.03.1825.
Herkunft: Meisterschwanden AG
Quellen: Band 1 Blatt 95

Ehefrau:
Fischer Verena
† 20.03.1825

Kind:
Siegrist Hans
† nach 1875
oo K 21.05.1826 Fahrwangen AG mit Steiner Anna, * 28.07.1796, † 27.05.1854.
Notizen zur Person:
Genannt Marxen
Quellen: Staatsarchiv Aarau, Mikrofilme Kirchenbücher von Fahrwangen AG

AnnieM

Siegrist in Brugg AG

Beitrag von AnnieM » Mi 28. Dez 2022, 18:35

Hello

This is my first post on this forum and I have no experience at all researching relatives outside of the UK so really hoping someone can help and please forgive me if I have any place names or spellings incorrect.

I am looking for information about Bernard Sigrist (Siegriest?) who I know was born in Brugg - in the Canton of Aargau (this information has come from his naturalisation papers).

He was born c1810 and his marriage certificate gives his father as John Jacob Sigrist (a Tin plate worker). He also has a brother named John c1815.

He came to England c1835.

I am looking for details of his parents/siblings.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

AnnieM

Peter.D

Re: Siegrist in Brugg AG

Beitrag von Peter.D » Mi 28. Dez 2022, 18:59

Hello Annie,

You have chosen a rather difficult canton, where very little is available online. As an exception, the Mormons were able to microfilm and recently digitise the church records of Brugg. However, due to the contract, the digital records can only be viewed in a Mormon research centre.
I would suggest that you first contact the city archives of Brugg, because the originals of the church records from the period in question are kept there.

Peter

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Mi 28. Dez 2022, 19:17

Welcome to the forum, Annie :D !

If your ancestor is from an Aargau family, the spelling (at least today) would most likely be Siegrist: I have edited the thread title accordingly.

Unfortunately Peter is right: Aargau is not the best choice for genealogical research. Contacting the Brugg City Archives is an alternative - unless someone with easy access to a Family History Centre does a look-up for you. How sure are you about the birth years (1810 and 1815)?

I hope you enjoy the forum and find it useful - Wolf

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/
Eingesetzte Software: Ahnenforscher

AnnieM

Beitrag von AnnieM » Fr 30. Dez 2022, 18:30

Hello Peter and Wolf

Many thanks for your replies. I will look into locating our nearest Mormon research centre and also into contacting the city archives.

I am reasonably confident with the year of birth as this ties in with census records, naturalisation papers, marriage certificates etc.

I did suspect the spelling may be incorrect and thank you for correcting this on the forum.

I will continue to search for this elusive relative and thank you again for your help.

AnnieM

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Mo 23. Jan 2023, 04:30

AnnieM hat geschrieben: Mi 28. Dez 2022, 18:35 I am looking for information about Bernard Sigrist (Siegriest?) who I know was born in Brugg - in the Canton of Aargau (this information has come from his naturalisation papers).

He was born c1810 and his marriage certificate gives his father as John Jacob Sigrist (a Tin plate worker). He also has a brother named John c1815.

He came to England c1835.

I am looking for details of his parents/siblings.
Hello Annie,

The image (from familysearch) is a copy of the baptism record of a "Bernhard Siegrist" (year 1810 in Brugg, Aargau), who "possibly" could be your relative. I assumed the name "Bernard" is the English version of "Bernhard"? The record is from Tauf-Rodel, Brugg Aargau, page 282, entry 24.
Bernhard Siegrist baptism record 1810 Brugg, Aargau image 1483 page 282 entry 24 - entry.jpg
Bernhard Siegrist baptism record 1810 Brugg, Aargau image 1483 page 282 entry 24 - cropped.jpg
Zuletzt geändert von Debra Palmer am Mo 23. Jan 2023, 07:13, insgesamt 5-mal geändert.

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Mo 23. Jan 2023, 04:57

As for Bernard's brother "John" c1815, there seemed to be no entry in the baptism register for a "Johann Siegrist" (I assumed John is the English version of Johann?) in the year 1815 in Brugg. However, the image (from familysearch) is a copy of the baptism record for a "Jakob Heinrich Siegrist" (year 1812 in Brugg) whose parents' names are the same as the parents of "Bernhard Siegrist" (in the previous post). The record is from Tauf-Rodel, Brugg Aargau, page 288, entry 5.
Jakob Heinrich Siegrist baptism record 1812 Brugg, Aargau image 1486 page 288 entry 5 - entry.jpg
Jakob Heinrich Siegrist baptism record 1812 Brugg, Aargau image 1486 page 288 entry 5 - cropped.jpg
I would appreciate help if another forum member could translate the baptism records for Bernhard Siegrist and Jakob Heinrich Siegrist.
Thank you!
Debra

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Mo 23. Jan 2023, 13:34

Debra Palmer hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Jan 2023, 04:30The image (from familysearch) is a copy of the baptism record of a "Bernhard Siegrist" (year 1810 in Brugg, Aargau), who "possibly" could be your relative. I assumed the name "Bernard" is the English version of "Bernhard"?
You are correct, Debra, with your assumption about Bernard/Bernhard.

Bernhard's parents were
Mstr (Meister) Jakob Siegrist, von Meisterschwanden, hiesiger Spengler
Fr (Frau) Elisabeth Hauser(?), von Wädeschwÿl (Wädenswil ZH)

So Jakob Siegrist was a master tinsmith/plumber (which agrees with Annie's information), living in Brugg, holding citizenship of Meisterschwanden. I am not absolutely sure about the mother's name (Hauser?), as Hauser are not listed as citizens of Wädenswil (canton Zürich). However, quite a few Hauser show up in Zürcher Ehedaten des 16.–18. Jahrhunderts in Wädenswil.

Mitglied der Genealogisch-Heraldischen Gesellschaft Ostschweiz (GHGO) - https://www.ghgo.ch/

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Mo 23. Jan 2023, 13:52

Debra Palmer hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Jan 2023, 04:57 As for Bernard's brother "John" c1815, there seemed to be no entry in the baptism register for a "Johann Siegrist" (I assumed John is the English version of Johann?) in the year 1815 in Brugg. However, the image (from familysearch) is a copy of the baptism record for a "Jakob Heinrich Siegrist" (year 1812 in Brugg) whose parents' names are the same as the parents of "Bernhard Siegrist" (in the previous post).
Jakob Heinrich's parents were
Mstr (Meister) Jakob Siegrist, Spengler, von Meisterschwanden, Hintersäss
Fr (Frau) Elisabeth Hauser(?), von Wädenschwÿl (Wädenswil ZH)

The term "Hintersäss" refers primarily to those who moved into a town or country community or settled under a provincial authority and, in contrast to the long-established citizens, country people or community and village members, did not possess full citizenship, land rights or village rights as residents of lesser status. Compared to the so-called "Aufenthalter" - farmhands, servants and journeymen - they were more permanently resident in the community, often with their own household, and were more closely integrated into the local society and economy.

There is a note "obiit" (= deceased) under the name - without date - so most likely Jakob Heinrich died very young.

About the "missing" John/Johann: as the father was not a citizen of Brugg, just a Hintersäss, the family may have moved on - and Johann may have been born somewhere else.

In 1856 a Siegrist gained the citizenship of Brugg "under special circumstances", i.e. usually without a known origin. In the middle of the 19th century it was quite common that families without established citizenship were given the citizenship of the community where they lived. As Jakob's citizenship was known, this is most likely not a descendant.

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Re: Siegrist von Meisterschwanden AG

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Mo 23. Jan 2023, 20:19

Thank you very much Wolf, for translating the baptism records and your comments about the information.
Wolf hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Jan 2023, 13:34 Bernhard's parents were
Mstr (Meister) Jakob Siegrist, von Meisterschwanden, hiesiger Spengler
Fr (Frau) Elisabeth Hauser(?), von Wädeschwÿl (Wädenswil ZH)

So Jakob Siegrist was a master tinsmith/plumber (which agrees with Annie's information), living in Brugg, holding citizenship of Meisterschwanden. I am not absolutely sure about the mother's name (Hauser?), as Hauser are not listed as citizens of Wädenswil (canton Zürich). However, quite a few Hauser show up in Zürcher Ehedaten des 16.–18. Jahrhunderts in Wädenswil.
The image below (from familysearch) is a copy of the marriage record for "Johann Jacob Siegrist" and "Elisabetha Hau?er" (year 1807 in Wädenswil, Zürich). The record is from Tauf-, Ehe- und Totenregister, Wädenswil Zürich, page 516, entry 21.

I would appreciate help if another forum member could translate the record and confirm if it is the correct one.
Question: What could the number "180" in column 4, refer to?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Balu

Jakob Siegrist (1877-1948) von Meisterschwanden

Beitrag von Balu » Mo 23. Jan 2023, 21:13

Hallo zusammen, wer kann mir weiterhelfen. Ich bin auf der Suche nach der Familie Jakob Siegrist (11.03.1877 - 12.08.1948) von Meisterschwanden. Er war mit Lina Bolliger (11.08.1879 - 12.08.1966) verheiratet. Die beiden hatten mehrere Kinder, eines davon war mein Grossvater Jakob Siegrist (18.09.1905 - 22.10.1977). Aus meiner Familie weiss leider nicht wirklich jemand etwas über die restlichen Geschwister. Ich wäre interessiert an Namen Geburts- und Todesdaten.
Kann mir jemand vielleicht weiterhelfen. :)
Liebe Grüsse
Renata

Wolf

Re: Jakob Siegrist (1877-1948) von Meisterschwanden

Beitrag von Wolf » Mo 23. Jan 2023, 22:48

Zuerst einmal: herzlich willkommen im Forum, Renata!
Unter viewtopic.php?t=31398 finden sich einige (hoffentlich) nützliche Tipps zum Gebrauch des Forums - leider sind nur einige auf Englisch oder Französisch abrufbar. Das Forum ist aber mehrsprachig - am besten schreibt Jede(r) in der Muttersprache - ist aber nicht erstaunt, wenn in einer anderen Sprache geantwortet wird.

Ein Punkt (aus aktuellem Anlass): wir diskutieren Alles zu einem Geschlecht (definiert durch Name und Bürgerort) in einem einzigen Thema - dementsprechend habe ich Deine Frage in das bereits existierende Thema zu Siegrist von Meisterschwanden AG verschoben.

Ich wünsche viel Spass und Erfolg im Forum!

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Mo 23. Jan 2023, 23:19

Debra Palmer hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Jan 2023, 20:19The image below (from familysearch) is a copy of the marriage record for "Johann Jacob Siegrist" and "Elisabetha Hau?er" (year 1807 in Wädenswil, Zürich).
The marriage was announced in Wädenswil (the bride's parish) on 24.05.1807 - and took place in Hedingen on 29.05.1807. The couple was
Johann Jacob Siegrist, von Meisterschwanden, der Pfarr Seengen (Kant. Argau);
Elisabetha Haußer, von hier, ob der Kirche.

So you definitely found the correct marriage: the groom was Johann Jacob Siegrist, from Meisterschwanden in the parish Seengen AG. Elisabetha Haußer was from here (i.e. Wädenswil), living near the church.

Column 4 is titled "Pagina im Kirchen-Protoc(oll)": there seems to be some sort of church protocol/journal - where on page 180 notes concerning this marriage could be found (if the document has survived).

Wolf

Re: Jakob Siegrist (1877-1948) von Meisterschwanden

Beitrag von Wolf » Mo 23. Jan 2023, 23:38

Balu hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Jan 2023, 21:13Ich bin auf der Suche nach der Familie Jakob Siegrist (11.03.1877 - 12.08.1948) von Meisterschwanden. Er war mit Lina Bolliger (11.08.1879 - 12.08.1966) verheiratet. Die beiden hatten mehrere Kinder, eines davon war mein Grossvater Jakob Siegrist (18.09.1905 - 22.10.1977). Aus meiner Familie weiss leider nicht wirklich jemand etwas über die restlichen Geschwister. Ich wäre interessiert an Namen Geburts- und Todesdaten.
Hallo Renata,

bei so "jungen" Daten ist die Wahrscheinlichkeit sehr gering, dass ein Forumsmitglied zufälligerweise entsprechende Daten kennt. Als direkte Nachfahrin hast Du aber Anspruch auf die Ausstellung eines Familienscheins Deines Urgrossvaters: frag' doch einmal beim zuständigen Zivilstandsamt in Lenzburg an, unter welchen Bedingungen (und Gebühren) Du einen solchen Familienschein bekommen könntest. Frage insbesondere auch an, ob die Daten der Geschwister Deines Grossvaters dort auch aufgeführt wären: sollte eines der Geschwister noch leben, würde es sicher nicht genannt - wie bei nach 1900 geborenen und inzwischen verstorbenen Personen vorgegangen wird, hängt in bisschen vom Kanton ab - und im Aargau habe ich keine Erfahrung.

Berichte uns doch, bitte, von Deinen Erfahrungen.

Viel Erfolg - Wolf

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Mi 25. Jan 2023, 18:22

Wolf hat geschrieben: Mo 23. Jan 2023, 13:52 Jakob Heinrich's parents were
Mstr (Meister) Jakob Siegrist, Spengler, von Meisterschwanden, Hintersäss
Fr (Frau) Elisabeth Hauser(?), von Wädenschwÿl (Wädenswil ZH)

The term "Hintersäss" refers primarily to those who moved into a town or country community or settled under a provincial authority and, in contrast to the long-established citizens, country people or community and village members, did not possess full citizenship ...

There is a note "obiit" (= deceased) under the name - without date - so most likely Jakob Heinrich died very young.
The image (from familysearch) is a copy of the death record for "Siegrist" (year 1813 in Brugg AG). The record is from Toten:Rodel, No 7, Brugg AG, page 146, entry 1 (the bottom of the page).

I think the entry says, "Spengler Siegrist, Hintersäss" (can't read much more than that). I realize that given names are not mentioned, however, I think it's "possible" the record could be for "Jakob Heinrich Siegrist" (born in 1812 in Brugg), son of Jakob Siegrist and Elisabeth Hauser/Haußer, because the baptism record for Jakob Heinrich mentions that his father was a "Spengler" and "Hintersäss".

I would appreciate help if another forum member could translate some of the entry (the quality of the image is only fair) and perhaps the information can help confirm whether the record was for a young child and possibly for Jakob Heinrich.

Also, I will post a "possible" death record (in May of 1812 in Brugg) for the mother Elisabeth Hauser/Haußer.

Thank you!
Debra
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Zuletzt geändert von Debra Palmer am Do 26. Jan 2023, 16:51, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Mi 25. Jan 2023, 21:18

The image (from familysearch) is a copy of the death record for "Elisabeth Hauser" (year 1812 in Brugg AG). The record is from Toten:Rodel, No 7, Brugg AG, page 144, entry 6 (on left side).

I think the record is "possibly" for Elisabeth Hauser/Haußer from Wädenswil ZH, wife of Jacob Siegrist, from Meisterschwanden. Unfortunately, the given name of her husband was not mentioned in the death record. On the plus side, the death record mentions "des hiesiger Spenglers frau, von Meisterschw?", which is the same occupation and place of citizenship for Jacob Siegrist (the father) in the baptism records (in Brugg) for Bernhard Siegrist and Jakob Heinrich Siegrist (posted previously).
Also, I noticed that the death date for Elisabeth is a few days after the birth of Jakob Heinrich Siegrist.

I think my transcription is correct and would appreciate if another forum member could check it and translate it. I could not read the last word after "Mutter" in column 4.

Thank you!
Debra

6.[entry] Maÿ 21 - 23. [1812] Elisabeth Siegrist, geb. Hauser, des hiesiger Spenglers frau, von Meisterschw? 36 J(ahr) Mutter. E?

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Do 26. Jan 2023, 18:01

Debra Palmer hat geschrieben: Mi 25. Jan 2023, 18:22I think the entry says, "Spengler Siegrist, Hintersäss" (can't read much more than that). I realize that given names are not mentioned, however, I think it's "possible" the record could be for "Jakob Heinrich Siegrist" (born in 1812 in Brugg), son of Jakob Siegrist and Elisabeth Hauser/Haußer, because the baptism record for Jakob Heinrich mentions that his father was a "Spengler" and "Hintersäss".

I would appreciate help if another forum member could translate some of the entry (the quality of the image is only fair) and perhaps the information can help confirm whether the record was for a young child and possibly for Jakob Heinrich.
Hallo Debra

Der Pfarrer hat am Ende der Seite eine besondere Rubrik geführt für "Totgeborene und Unreife", mit dem Ausdruck "unreif" meinte er offenbar "nicht lebensfähig".

Unter Nr. 1 ist dort aufgeführt:
den 17. Febr[uar] dem Spengler Siegrist, Hintersäss, ein Knäblein, unreif und am 19. begraben.
Debra Palmer hat geschrieben: Mi 25. Jan 2023, 21:186.[entry] Maÿ 21 - 23. [1812] Elisabeth Siegrist, geb. Hauser, des hiesiger Spenglers frau, von Meisterschw? 36 J(ahr) Mutter. E?
Die Nummer 6 vom 21/23. Mai hast du richtig transkribiert:
Elisabeth Siegrist, geb.[orene] Hauser, des hiesigen Spenglers Frau, von Meisterschwanden, 36 J[Jahre alt], [gestorben an einer] [Gebär]Mutter Entzündung (= metritis)

Peter

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Do 26. Jan 2023, 18:36

Peter.D hat geschrieben: Do 26. Jan 2023, 18:01 Unter Nr. 1 ist dort aufgeführt:
den 17. Febr[uar] dem Spengler Siegrist, Hintersäss, ein Knäblein, unreif und am 19. begraben.
Debra Palmer hat geschrieben: Mi 25. Jan 2023, 21:186.[entry] Maÿ 21 - 23. [1812] Elisabeth Siegrist, geb. Hauser, des hiesiger Spenglers frau, von Meisterschw? 36 J(ahr) Mutter. E?
Die Nummer 6 vom 21/23. Mai hast du richtig transkribiert:
Elisabeth Siegrist, geb.[orene] Hauser, des hiesigen Spenglers Frau, von Meisterschwanden, 36 J[Jahre alt], [gestorben an einer] [Gebär]Mutter Entzündung (= metritis)
If Elisabeth Hauser died in May 1812, she obviously cannot be the mother of the stillborn boy in Feb 1813. Conclusion: Jakob Siegrist got married a second time - and for the Johann, born about 1815, we also have to look for a "new" mother.

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Do 26. Jan 2023, 19:17

Thank you very much Peter, for translating the record for "baby Siegrist" - the information that the baby was "immature" is helpful.
And thank you for checking and translating the transcription for Elizabeth including her cause of death "metritis". All of this information is very useful and I appreciate it!

Debra

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Do 26. Jan 2023, 19:54

Wolf hat geschrieben: Do 26. Jan 2023, 18:36 If Elisabeth Hauser died in May 1812, she obviously cannot be the mother of the stillborn boy in Feb 1813. Conclusion: Jakob Siegrist got married a second time - and for the Johann, born about 1815, we also have to look for a "new" mother.
Thank you very much Wolf, for your comment and conclusion that Elizabeth could not be the mother of the stillborn baby (on 17 Feb 1813), which makes sense. Jakob Siegrist would have married very soon after his first wife Elisabeth's death on 21 May 1812. If the entry for Jacob's second marriage is in Brugg, it will be helpful to confirm this.

Thank you again!

Debra

AnnieM

Beitrag von AnnieM » So 12. Feb 2023, 22:00

Good evening everyone

My apologies for the late response. I have been away for a short while and this is the first opportunity I've had to check the forum. Thank you so much for all the information you have provided. I will now take some time to read through and digest/understand.

I really do appreciate all the help you've provided.

Regards
Annie

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Sa 18. Feb 2023, 06:40

Wolf hat geschrieben: Do 26. Jan 2023, 18:36 If Elisabeth Hauser died in May 1812, she obviously cannot be the mother of the stillborn boy in Feb 1813. Conclusion: Jakob Siegrist got married a second time - and for the Johann, born about 1815, we also have to look for a "new" mother.
The image below (from familysearch) is the "proclamation" (of marriage banns) for Jakob Siegrist and Elisabetha Hermann (the actual marriage entry isn't in the Brugg register, so the wedding must not have taken place in Brugg). The marriage date is 6 July 1812, which is about 6 weeks after the death of Jakob Siegrist's first wife Elisabeth Hauser. The information mentioned about the groom Jakob includes: Spengler, von Meisterschwanden, hiesiger and Hintersäss. In the baptism record (year 1810) for Bernhard Siegrist, the father Jakob has the same place of citizenship, occupation and hiesiger is mentioned, so the information for Jakob Siegrist in these two records is a match.

I would appreciate if another forum member could check my transcription and finish a word.

Thank you!

Question: the bride's place of citizenship was difficult to read, so I used a map and the closest match was "Schinznach", but in the entry the letter in the middle of the word looks like another "h" not a "z"?

Verkundate Ehan

[entry] 8. Jun. 21, 28, Jul. 5.
Meister Jakob Siegrist, Spengler, von Meisterschwanden, Hiesiger Hintersass - Vi?
Elisabetha Hermann, von Schinznach?
[date of marriage] Jul. 6. [1812]
Zuletzt geändert von Debra Palmer am So 19. Feb 2023, 05:45, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Sa 18. Feb 2023, 08:34

Hallo Debra

Schinznach ist korrekt, in der alten Schreibweise Schintznach. Die Kolonne rechts bezeichnet aber den Tag der Scheinausstellung, also das Datum an dem der Pfarrer den Verkündschein für die Pfarrgemeinde am Heiratsort ausgestellt hat. Die heutige Schreibweise des Namens der Ehefrau wäre Herrmann.
Das Vi... heisst Viduus, also Witwer - es war also (mindestens) seine zweite Heirat.
Peter

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Sa 18. Feb 2023, 18:17

Thank you, Peter for your answers. That's helpful to know that the bride's place of citizenship was Schinznach.

Another question: As you explained, the last column "denotes the date of the mock issuance, that is, the date [i.e. 6 July 1812] that the priest issued the proclamation certificate for the parish at the place of marriage". So my assumption is wrong that the wedding date was the "6th of July", but do you think I can assume that the couple was likely married during the month of July? Also, the entry doesn't mention the place of the wedding and I assume the likely place would have been "Schinznach". What do you think?

Debra
Zuletzt geändert von Debra Palmer am So 19. Feb 2023, 05:44, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Sa 18. Feb 2023, 18:46

Auf die damals geltende Aargauer Ehegerichtsordnung habe ich keinen Zugriff. Aber das spätere Zivilgesetzbuch sowohl von Bern wie auch vom Aargau bestimmte, dass der Verkündschein nur 3 Monate gültig war. Wenn die Ehe bis dann nicht geschlossen werden konnte, musste die Ehe erneut an drei Sonntagen in den Kirchen beider Eheleute verkündet werden.
Es ist gut möglich, dass die Trauung in Schinznach, also am Heimatort der Braut stattgefunden hat. Ich hätte allerdings eher Brugg oder Meisterschwanden erwartet. Vielleicht ist aber der Ort der Trauung im Verkünd- oder Ehebuch von Schinznach bzw. Meisterschwanden erwähnt.

Peter

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Sa 18. Feb 2023, 19:48

Debra Palmer hat geschrieben: Sa 18. Feb 2023, 18:17... "denotes the date of the mock issuance, ...
I don't think "mock issuance" is a correct translation for "Scheinausstellung". "Schein" in this context means "certificate": the dates in the column are when the certificate (that the required announcements had been made) was issued, one or two days after the last announcement.

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Mo 20. Feb 2023, 17:31

Wolf hat geschrieben: Sa 18. Feb 2023, 19:48
Debra Palmer hat geschrieben: Sa 18. Feb 2023, 18:17... "denotes the date of the mock issuance, ...
I don't think "mock issuance" is a correct translation for "Scheinausstellung". "Schein" in this context means "certificate": the dates in the column are when the certificate (that the required announcements had been made) was issued, one or two days after the last announcement.
I realize that online translators have "limitations", but sometimes it's not obvious to me that part of a translation is "off". Thank you, Wolf for correcting this. Is "... denotes the date of the certificate issuance, ..." the correct translation?
Zuletzt geändert von Debra Palmer am Mo 20. Feb 2023, 20:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Debra Palmer
Supporter2023

Beitrag von Debra Palmer » Mo 20. Feb 2023, 20:37

Peter.D hat geschrieben: Sa 18. Feb 2023, 18:46 Auf die damals geltende Aargauer Ehegerichtsordnung habe ich keinen Zugriff. Aber das spätere Zivilgesetzbuch sowohl von Bern wie auch vom Aargau bestimmte, dass der Verkündschein nur 3 Monate gültig war. Wenn die Ehe bis dann nicht geschlossen werden konnte, musste die Ehe erneut an drei Sonntagen in den Kirchen beider Eheleute verkündet werden.
Es ist gut möglich, dass die Trauung in Schinznach, also am Heimatort der Braut stattgefunden hat. Ich hätte allerdings eher Brugg oder Meisterschwanden erwartet. Vielleicht ist aber der Ort der Trauung im Verkünd- oder Ehebuch von Schinznach bzw. Meisterschwanden erwähnt.
Thank you, Peter for your answer.

The wedding entry for "Jakob Siegrist and Elisabeth Hermann" isn't in the Brugg marriage register and unfortunately the church records for Schinznach and Meisterschwanden aren't available at a Family History Center. However, the image (from familysearch) below, is the baptism record in Brugg (year 1814) for Maria Elisabeth Siegrist, the daughter of Jakob Siegrist and Elisabeth Herrmann. The information about the parents matches information in the "marriage proclamation" for Jakob Siegrist and Elisabeth Hermann (posted previously) i.e. the groom Jakob has the same place of citizenship, occupation and also Hiesiger; the bride Elisabeth is from Schintznach. Also, the groom Jakob Siegrist was a widower and this makes sense because his first wife Elisabeth Hauser died in May of 1812.

The place and date of Jakob Siegrist's second marriage to Elisabeth Hermann isn't mentioned in the "proclamation", but I think the entry transcribed by Peter, "Unter Nr. 1 ist dort aufgeführt: den 17. Febr[uar] [1813] dem Spengler Siegrist, Hintersäss, ein Knäblein, unreif und am 19. begraben", is "possibly" for the first child of Jakob and Elisabeth Hermann, therefore, I think their wedding could have been in the summer or early fall of 1812. What do you think?

I would appreciate if another forum member could check my transcription of the baptism for Maria Elisabeth, especially the surnames and name of a place for the witnesses.

Thank you!

[entry] 11.
April 19 - 29. [1814]
Maria Elisabeth
P. Mstr. Jakob Siegrist, von Meisterschwanden, Hiesiger Spengler
Elisabeth Herrmann, von Schintznach
T. Hr. Samuel Sch?ctz
Jgfr. Elisabeth Perÿ?, (v. Gottst?)
Zuletzt geändert von Debra Palmer am Mo 20. Feb 2023, 22:00, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Wolf

Beitrag von Wolf » Mo 20. Feb 2023, 21:29

[entry] 11.
April 19 - 29. [1814]
Maria Elisabeth
P. Mstr. Jakob Siegrist, von Meisterschwanden, hiesiger Spengler
… Elisabeth Herrmann, von Schintznach
T. Hr. Samuel Schwartz
… Jgfr. Elisabeth Freÿ, (v. Gottstadt)

Peter.D

Beitrag von Peter.D » Mo 20. Feb 2023, 21:41

Hallo Debra

In Ergänzung noch zu Wolfs Antwort: hiesig bedeutet einfach "von hier*, also Spengler in Brugg. Damals gab es wohl noch nicht viele Spengler in Brugg.

In jener Zeit haben die meisten Paare kurz nach der dritten Proklamation geheiratet, nicht selten war ja die zukünftige Ehefrau auch schon schwanger ... Deine Annahmen zum Datum der Heirat sind also sicher sinnvoll.

Das deutsche Wort Schein hat tatsächlich sehr unterschiedliche Bedeutungen. Der ältere Begriff für ein Dokument lebt aber auch heute noch, z.B. im Führerschein = driver's license.

Gottstatt ist übrigens auch heute noch eine reformierte Kirchgemeinde, obwohl das Kloster im Zuge der Reformation aufgehoben worden war.

Peter

Antworten

Zurück zu „Aargau (AG)“